Thursday, March 10, 2011

3/10/11 Question number 3

      I am writing my paper on anxiety, depression, and loneliness. I am going to explore why traditional college students into depression and loneliness. My question that I am going to find an answer for: Why do traditional college students end up lonely and depressed? I arrived at this research because sometimes I feel lonely and it makes me depressed at times and I wanted to know how to move towards stopping it for all college students from being lonely. It interests me because I am sometimes lonely and depressed by it and I want to find the reason why some people when they go to college are afraid to meet new people. I wish to explore what is are the common causes of loneliness and depression in today’s college students, and what we can do to try and help college students break out of their “shells” and go meet new people and not be lonely. I think part of the reason for people that are lonely are from a place where they knew everyone and they did not want to meet new people and when they aren’t talking to anyone, and they don’t know how to meet new people and when they have to be in a new place and have to make friends they don’t know what to do. I am like that I have been there and I found my friends through my roommate and my roommates friends and now I have a best friend that lives here on campus and now I don’t feel lonely or depressed anymore. I think I want to find out why I was like when I first moved here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clayton,

    I'm glad that you are able to connect with your topic. I'd like for you to do some freewriting. You may use your personal experience here in relation to the topic; however, when you go to revise it, remove "I". Instead, please yourself among the demographic that you are talking about. While this paper is using your experience and view in a small manner, remember that it is your interpretation. You are arguing something, but you are removing the personal experience and instead, bringing in support for your claim.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete