Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Becoming Educated Question 2

Back in high school the teachers always tried to scare me with college to make it seem like it would be the hardest thing I would have ever seen. I found out they were half right. Yes college is hard, but I think it could have been harder if I did not have a tutoring place that I can go to whenever I need help and I would make friends in the class that I would be able get help from them as well. Also it is not so bad because if you pay attention to the instructor and take good notes you will be fine. I also did not expect all of the teachers to be as good as they are. i did not have very many teachers that taught as well as the teachers in college do.
Well as this is my first time at college and I do not have very much college experience I think it is hard for me to say we have similarities. But I guess there are some I have been thought of as a stupid person by some teachers and when I would be struggling in a class I would had a teacher that thought it was fun to call on me. Even though she knew I did not know the answer to what she was asking, she called on me anyways. Because they were bad teachers most of the class and I did not learn anything and they never did anything about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clay,

    I'm glad to know that you are taking excellent notes :) I haven't been in HS for a while so I really cannot remember what my HS teachers told me about college, but I was worried when I was a freshman that I would not succeed and now look where I am. I'm certain you will do fine. How would you either compare or contrast your experience with Jordan's?

    MS. C

    ReplyDelete