Monday, September 6, 2010

Rite of Passage

I chose: question number 1.


Well most of my grandparents are still alive right now and I remember a lot about them. I remember that my mom’s parents had ten children. They always say that they are proud of us and they always say they loved us. I would spend over three quarters of my summers at their house when I was young and they always wanted us over at their house. I remember that my grandpa wanted me to pick corn for him all summer but I never complained to him I just shut up and worked even though I really wanted to play video games and watch television. My grandpa always watched Days of Our Lives every day until he died and he even got me into it. My grandma is like a mom to about half the people that I know and a lot of people love her like she is their mom. She always had someone at her house teaching them how to play the piano.

On the other side of my family my father’s side my great grandparents were still alive for most of my life and my great grandma is still alive. My great grandpa was a fisherman and a hunter. He grew old and died of dementia when I was in fifth grade. My great grandma is the sweetest old lady you could ever meet and she has never missed a birthday card in the eighteen years of my life. Both of my dad’s parents are still alive. My grandpa is a grumpy old man but he is not a bad man just not the nicest and he likes really old westerns. My grandma is more of a server and does whatever my grandpa tells her to do. I guess that is the way she is raised. I remember a lot about my grandparents because I am fortunate to have been able to spend so much time with my grandparents when others never even see or have never been able to meet their grandparents.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clay,

    Thank you for sharing. I am happy to read your detailed response which discusses your grandparents at length. Perhaps you could only focus on one relative here instead of discussing all of them. As readers, we then have a more specific examination of a relative in your life. If you were to do this, tell us about stories you remember of a grandparent or what you remember and use this as supporting detail.

    ReplyDelete