Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sister Flowers (question 4)

           My home town is New Bloomfield, Missouri a small town about eleven miles away from Jefferson City, Missouri. It is a small town that has about 600 people and not very much diversity and if something is different than what you are used to then people what you to stay away from it. Some people in the town believe that if you are different or do not have the same beliefs about everything then they will try to avoid you and most people in the town do not have open minds. It made me think that the world acted like this all over. But as I got older I knew that it could not be this way and I knew that people had to have open minds about defenses among people. Well I was glad to see when I got to college a bunch of different people and different people and cultures that I could learn about and learn new things that people do based on their cutlers and backgrounds.
            Coming from a small town was also weird when I came to college because my freshman class has more people in it than my whole town and it is a little overwhelming for me and it makes me. It makes me feel like not talking to people because there are so many people. It is not like my town because I was friends with almost everyone in my school now every day I see about fifteen people I have never seen before and I am not used to it.

1 comment:

  1. HI Clay,

    Thank you for sharing.

    It isn't always easy moving from a small town to a city the size of St. Joe. I too came from a town of around 250. I came to St. Joe because of the diversity that the campus offered.

    I'm sure that over time you will meet many great friends.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete